Adopt-a-Neighborhood is a ministry of joy. In partnership with Interfaith Outreach and Community Partners, Wayzata Community Church provides monthly dinners and activities for the residents of Kimberly Meadows Townhomes (at County Roads 6 & 101).
Our program of Food, Fun and Fellowship helps us to be good neighbors. The dinners offer an opportunity for families to gather together, to get to know new families, to grow friendships and to maintain a safe, supportive and fun community. We believe that being good neighbors is essential to our faith. Conversation, sharing stories, and laughing together over a meal builds community and affirms that people are cared about and valued.
Each month we serve about 50 people. Our events are outside at the townhomes until it is too cold and then we are inside in the IOCP building. Volunteers are needed to help bring food, to set up and serve dinner and to help with the family activities after dinner. Adopt a Neighborhood events are great volunteer opportunities for families and people of all ages. Please contact Vicki Thompson at email@example.com or 952-542-9152.
All events are held on Tuesdays (usually 4th Tuesday of the month, except December) from 6:00 p.m.-7:30 .pm.
• September 26 at Kimberly Meadows: Back to school celebration and resident survey.
• October 24 at Kimberly Meadows: Painting pumpkins
• November 28 at Interfaith Outreach (van shuttle provided): Chain of thanks art project, librarian visit
• December 19 at Interfaith Outreach (van shuttle provided): Marble Maze
• January 23 at Interfaith Outreach (van shuttle provided): Movie night
• February 27 at Interfaith Outreach (van shuttle provided): Board games and GoNoodle
• March 27 at Interfaith Outreach (van shuttle provided): Science experiment
• April 24 at Kimberly Meadows: Music sing-along with “campfire” and s’mores
• May 22 at Kimberly Meadows: Photo booth and bird feeders
• June 26 at Kimberly Meadows: City of Plymouth flower planting
• August 7 at Kimberly Meadows: Night to Unite