Welcome to High School Ministry at Wayzata Community Church! We are so excited you ended up on our website. We hope that you feel right at home at our church and within our ministry. Whether you grew up in our church, or this is your first visit, we hope you know how welcome you are with us.
At Wayzata Community Church we believe in the inclusive, life-affirming, faith-forming love of Jesus. We hope that this is a place where we can all grow and learn with each other and from each other. Please know that you will be accepted and celebrated for the unique and unrepeatable person that you are, as we all work together to grow on our individual faith journeys.
We are pleased to offer a variety of activities and events, and we hope you find something that speaks to you. For more information about any of these opportunities or to get to know our program better, please feel free to contact Gabe Flynn or Jordan Masters.
Mission & Goals
It is our mission to offer fun and meaningful programming for High School students. We want to be positive examples of what it means to enter into a relationship with God and to be on a faith journey as part of a loving and accepting community of searchers.
- Through learning about the life of Jesus sharing our thoughts and questions with each other reaching out to serve those around us learning what it means to be an active participant in a community of faith we hope to meet each person wherever they are in their personal journey.
To focus on this mission we look to five goals, which guide each and every contact we have with youth:
- SAFETY…Provide 100% physical, emotional and spiritual safety for every person we encounter. We must maintain an environment where people feel accepted and comfortable enough to share their most intimate feelings and know that they are loved and supported.
- FUN…Create an engaging environment, through activities and discussions, which capture the attention and maintain the interest of high school youth. Having fun helps us build trust and show we care. This fun must be appropriate, or else safety is compromised.
- MESSAGE…Through words and actions, communicate a clear image of a loving God as revealed through Jesus Christ. We cannot ever forget what we are here to do, and that is to encourage kids to take the next step toward a more fulfilling walk of faith. By helping them learn more about Jesus Christ, and by being a positive example of what it means to be a Christian, we can help them do that.
- AFFIRMATION…Help each person to realize that they are loved, accepted and valued as they are. God loves each of us, without doing anything to deserve it. In the same way our love for each person must be endless and unconditional, celebrating each person, just as they are.
- COMMUNITY…Within our class, beyond High School Ministry, encompassing the entire church and extending into the community and the wider world – we want to help each person feel connected through a power greater than ourselves. Our community is open to everyone and values each relationship equally.