WCC’s pastoral ministry is ever expanding and we hope to “inspire” and re-engage those with a passion for helping others. Join Rev. S. Lindy Purdy for Called to Care in April, 2016.
Called to Care Training (18 hours) will include Music and Memory training. Dates are:
- Thursday, April 21: 6-8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 23: 8:30-12:00 noon
- Monday, April 25: 6-8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, April 28: 6-8:30 p.m. (Emphasis on Special Needs)
- Saturday, April 30: 8:30-12:00 noon (Music & Memory—during this session we will be viewing the movie “Alive Inside”)
Topics of Training are:
- Christian Caring – the Universal Call to Care
- The Role of a Care Companion
- Boundaries, Confidentiality, Triangulation & Transparency
- Active/Empathic Listening
- Emotions and Feelings
- The Power of Story
- The Role of Scripture and Prayer
- Hope and Despair, Theodicy – Where is God in suffering?
- Grief and Grief Care
- Going to See, Referrals
- Caring for our Special Needs Community (April 28)
- Music & Memory (April 30)
For more information or to register, please contact Cami Farley (952) 473-8877, ext. 225 or Katie Kraus, ext. 224.