Member in Mission Program – Travel Grant Request Process
Approved and Effective 6/30/2014
The purpose of the Member in Mission Travel Grant is to support the travel costs of church members and staff to existing or prospective mission partners as part of the Mission and Outreach (MOB) budget.
· MOB shall provide a budget for a) adult members b) staff c) high school d) middle school for mission travel grant requests for the upcoming program year. A nursery school scholarship will also be budgeted.
· Adult members and staff shall provide a written grant request to the board prior to the mission travel grant reviews
· MOB will review adult and staff mission travel grant requests quarterly.
· The staff leaders of the high school, middle school and nursery school programs shall provide the names of scholarships recipients and funds will be credited accordingly as requested.
· Approved participants of member in mission travel will provide receipts and be reimbursed for their expenses up to the amount of the approved grant.
· MOB may reallocate residual funds as needed to support travel in certain categories
· Participants must be a member or staff of Wayzata Community Church
· Staff members requests will be reviewed for the staff budget and church members under the church budget
· The attached grant request must be submitted by the requester prior to the review meeting of mission travel grants in October and January.
· Adult participants may only receive one grant within a 2 year period (calendar year).
· Non-staff grant requests shall not exceed $1000 per participant.
· Grant requests are to support travel or mission related participation fees
· A short written report of the mission trip is required by each participant following their mission trip.
Please fill out this Grant Application Form and email it to Danielle Jones for processing. This grant request must be submitted by the requester prior to the review meeting of mission travel grants in October and January.