SUMMER CAMP 2019 STAFF POSITIONS
Click here for more information.
FAITH FORMATION TEAM PROJECT COORDINATOR
Wayzata Community Church
The FAITH FORMATION TEAM PROJECT COORDINATOR is a servant leader responsible for the administration of Family Ministries at Wayzata Community Church. The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision. She/he will be self-motivated and a trustworthy member of our team, dedicated to efficiently overseeing the Family Ministry office and directing all aspects of ministry projects. The Faith Formation Team Project Manager must contribute to driving sustainable growth of all Family Ministry Programs. This person will report to WCC’s Minister of Faith Formation and work in partnership with its faith education directors who serve children, youth, and families in the congregation.
Act as the Project Coordinator for WCC’s Minister of Faith Formation and its Directors of Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School, High School, College, and Camp Ministry (Family Ministry Team) creatively managing the following functions:
FAMILY MINISTRY SUPPORT
- On and offsite event planning.
- Mission trip transportation and other logistics.
- Internal and external communications with students, parents, church members, and outside organizations including newsletters, announcements, information packets, social media and website postings and social media in conjunction with Family ministry team.
- Provide reporting to monitor event attendance and any open balances.
- Occasionally lead parent/student information sessions.
- Track monthly growth matrix.
- Collaborate with Minister of Faith Formation to create, develop and implement new Family Ministry initiatives.
- Establish and manage check-in systems for all Family Ministry programing and Adult Faith Formation CORE classes.
- Represent Family Ministry Team at all Scheduling Team meetings and during Church wide Catalog creation, resolving scheduling issues as liaison to Family Ministry Team.
WCC SUMMER CAMP
- Act as home operations director for all camp functions based at WCC during camp sessions.
- Manage camp software and its interface with CCB and Intacct accounting system.
- Work with WCC Camp Director on managing camper eligibility.
- Manage communications with families around camp registration.
- Work with Camp Nurses to create health charts and forms and weekly camper medical books.
- Manage WCC Summer Camp “Super Team” volunteers.
- Set up Camp Sunday and facilitate all family and camper registrations.
- Oversee and execute the set-up, tear-down, volunteer recruitment, and check-in for each camp session send off and return.
- Manage and catalogue all family communications related to finances, scholarship, and incidents.
- Monitor any camper open balances and resolve before each session begins.
- Effectively communicate between church and camp during all camp sessions.
CCB (COMMUNITY CHURCH BUILDER)
- Manage all Family Ministry CCB functions including all forms, registrations and family profiles.
- Create standardizations for Family Ministry data entry.
- Manage all CCB communications and groups for Family Ministry Team.
- Serve as the primary CCB expert for Family Ministry Team.
- Work as the key administrative support for the Minister of Faith Formation.
- Work as needed as events manager for Adult Faith Formation events.
- Support and promote the mission, vision and values of WCC focused on inclusion.
- Demonstrated organizational and logistical skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with big picture understanding of moving parts and strong orientation to detail.
- Ability to constructively challenge persons in authority.
- Ability to self-start and see projects through completion without much direction.
- Ability to communicate clearly, directly and tactfully to support team objectives.
- Eagerness to participate in a collaborative decision-making culture emphasizing mutual trust and respect.
- Interest in pursuing personal skill development, and autonomy in performance of duties.
- Commitment to supporting clergy, staff, lay church leaders and church families.
- Character to act with trustworthiness, accountability, ethics and confidentiality.
- Reports to and evaluated by Minister of Faith Formation.
- Works closely with WCC Directors of Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School, High School, College, and Camp Ministries and their volunteers and other WCC staff.
- Supports families within each of our ministries.
- Work directly with Director of Operations around Family Ministry scheduling, metrics and finances.
- Interface with Operations team as needed to complete Family Ministry operations.
Experience and Education
- A faith anchored life and willingness to understand and appreciate the need for relevant Bible-based education to serve the faith journeys of families.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Mac OS, and Apple iOS and skilled at learning new systems.
- Proficiency in communication, document preparation, and social media technologies.
- Flexibility in the times and places where work is done.
- 3+ years experience in church, non-profit, or for-profit business administrative support requiring decision-making, creativity, and a strong work ethic.
- Knowledge of ASANA project management software.
- Proven experience managing operations and workflow for multiple members of a dedicated team.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Comprehensive benefits package.
Hours based on program needs which include some nights and weekends.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Rev. Rustin Comer, Minister of Faith Formation: firstname.lastname@example.org