“Next Chapter Transitions”
Providing Resources and Support for those facing the challenges of moving to the Next Chapter in their lives, to help achieve a successful transition.
Please visit our Next Chapter video archive page to hear past guest speakers.
Next Chapter is designed for those facing the following life transitions:
• Moving from work to retirement and maximizing meaning and purpose in our senior years
• Dealing with the loss of a spouse or loved one
The following resources are currently available:
• A monthly speaker (September through June)
• Group book discussions for the whole group’s participation
Justice Alan Page
Thursday, October 12, 7:00 p.m. in the Sanctuary
Join Justice Alan Page and Pastor Steve Wiens for an inspiring conversation as they discuss Justice Page’s remarkable life. Even though he had a Hall of Fame Football career in the N.F.L., that’s not how he defines his life. You’ll hear how Justice Page has spent his life working for the betterment of others through his time on the bench of the Minnesota Supreme Court and also by creating a better future for children in Minnesota through the Page Education Foundation.
• All American on Notre Dame national championship team,1966
• First round draft pick, Minnesota Vikings
• First Defensive Player to be named NFL MVP
• NFL Hall of Fame
• Associate Justice Minnesota Supreme Court, 1993-2015
• Co-wrote 2 children’s books with his daughter, Kamie Page
• Presidential Medal of Freedom, 2018
• Founded the Page Education Foundation
“Love Your Work and Live Your Dream”
Thursday, November 9, 7:00 p.m. in the Sanctuary
It goes without saying that the people who are most successful at their jobs—and in life—are those who really love what they are doing. Clancy Clark learned that lesson as a young man when he observed his border collie, Arlo, come alive when introduced to a flock of sheep to herd. Since that day, he too has been following his passion, which is to help others.
Clancy Clark has enjoyed a three-decade career as a highly-successful and recognized sales professional. Now he’s on to his next adventure: sharing his life experiences and wisdom as an author, speaker, and coach to help others enjoy truly meaningful work and realize their dreams.
In his talk, he will share his philosophy of work and life, and showcase how the two are inextricably linked not just for him, but for everyone. Clancy will also share anecdotes from his book, “Love Your Work, Live Your Dream,” the complete guide for taking the steps to create “inspired income” and to celebrate your arrival at each “big waypoint”.