Pilgrimage to Israel with Rev. Lindy Purdy
September 1-14, 2022
We have a Pilgrimage to Israel planned for September of 2022. This will be the 5th trip that Lindy has led from this congregation and friends. To ensure your spot on this trip, a $100 non-refundable fee/person must be made to WCC, which will be in addition to the trip cost. The trip can accommodate 35 guests and needs 30 guests in order to be viable at the stated price. This trip is already half full with those who have been on a wait list for this trip.
- Reserve a spot asap with $100 registration fee. Mail check and contact information to WCC, Attn. Lindy. A brochure will be emailed on April 13 which includes official registration. Carrousel will take registrations in the order they arrive.
- Registration begins April 13, and requires payment of a $750 deposit per traveler to Carrousel Travel.
- Registration closes May 18
**This is an extremely close time frame because of past Covid restrictions and trip cancellations. This trip was planned for almost 3 years ago, so we are going to give it a go and see if the interest is there. If you know of anyone who might be interested, they can contact Lindy for more information— 952-451-9051.
The brochure provided by Carrousel Travel will include information on costs, inclusions, travel insurance, deadlines, refunds, and more.
- Travel dates are September 1-14, 2022
- Flights are included and booked on Delta, so there is an opportunity to reduce trip cost if you decide to use miles, by purchasing just the land only package. We urge everyone to be on the same flight on the way to Israel. Some may wish to stay on.
- We will be able to cross into Jordan, which allows us to include Petra on our itinerary— and there is no additional Covid testing required.
- Current Covid testing requirements are: (1) a negative test to board flight to Israel; (2) test at Ben Gurion Airport upon arrival in Israel; (3) the U.S. requires a test for the return flight which we can arrange through Guiding Star at hotel. A total of three tests and costs are not in the budget at this time. Testing requirements could change by this September.
- Pilgrimage cost is $6,029 per traveler and includes: flights from Minneapolis-St. Paul, 12 nights accommodations, private coach in both Israel and Jordan, guides throughout Israel and Jordan, entrance fees as needed for the itinerary, 28 meals, gratuities, porterage of baggage at hotels, taxes for border crossing, Jordan visa processing. Note: the $100 participation fee is not part of this cost.
- Travel arrangements in Israel and Jordan are managed by Guiding Star in Jerusalem, the organization which has hosted our previous Israel pilgrimages. Find a video message from Guiding Star above.
- Single rooms remain very limited in availability in Israel, and expensive (estimated at $1600). When sending WCC the $100 participation fee, please inform me if you need a single room.
- Carrousel Travel needs to use a registration deadline for a $750 deposit of May 16 to meet deadlines required by Delta Air Lines and hotels.
This is the current group flights, which is subject to change by the airline:
DELTA 876 01SEP MINNEAPOLIS – BOSTON 1020A-205P
DELTA 242 01SEP BOSTON – TEL AVIV 410P-935A
DELTA 233 14SEP TEL AVIV – NEW YORK JFK 1150A-505P (Note: this is a morning departure.)
DELTA 883 14SEP NEW YORK JFK – MINNEAPOLIS 735P-959P